Chalkboard is working hard to encourage Oregon to focus its efforts and limited resources on proven practices that can benefit all students and all teachers in every classroom.
Current Legislative Priorities
- Expanding the School District Collaboration Fund
- Providing technical support to school districts to develop and implement new performance evaluation systems
- Implementing innovative models of teacher preparation
- Building a tiered licensure structure for educators
- Continuing the Oregon Mentoring Program
- Reviving and expanding the Professional Development Network & Clearinghouse
For a deeper look into our priorities for the session, check out our legislative one-pager, 2013 Legislative Priority: Effective Educators.