- The Condition of Education for Members of Oregon’s Indian Tribes–March 2014–A report on the condition of education for members of Oregon’s Indian Tribes conducted by ECONorthwest.
- Common Core State Standards: An Introduction for Families and Other Stakeholders–April 2013–An outline of CCSS and how it impacts families, students and teachers.
- Evidence-Based Dropout Prevention Programs–March 2013–An analysis of available evidence about effective high school dropout prevention programs and practices.
- Why Being in School Matters: Chronic Absenteeism in Oregon Public Schools– June 2012 – An analysis of Oregon attendance data demonstrates the valuable insights gained from examining how many students are chronically absent.
- The Economic Impacts of Oregon’s Student Achievement Gap – October 2010 – A report commissioned by the Chalkboard Project and completed by ECONorthwest estimates the economic cost of the achievement gap between Oregon’s Black and Hispanic students and their White peers.
- Background on Innovation Zones – December 2009 – Innovation Zone (IZ) policies have been implemented in West Virginia and Colorado, and are being considered in other states. An IZ policy allows schools to obtain IZ status enabling them to bypass a subset of district and state regulations thus freeing them to implement innovative administrative strategies and teaching techniques to advance student performance.
- Hispanic-White Achievement Gap in Oregon – Summer 2009 –
- Using Stimulus to Drive Change: Opportunities for Oregon – May 2009 – A review of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act and the opportunities it could provide for Oregon schools.
- A Deeper Look at the Black-White Achievement Gap in Multnomah County. – February 2009 – A statistical portrait of Black students and their teachers spanning six school districts in Multnomah County. The research reveals that the gap is not primarily about the pace at which students learn, but where they start out.Read more about the Black-White Achievement Gap in Multnomah County
- Educating Autistic Children – September 2008 – A summary of current best practices in educating Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
- Extending Learning Time – August 2008 – A review of research on extended learning time in K-12 schools.
- Extended Learning Time – December 2010 – An update of the 2008 report and expansion on the original recommendations.
- Early Age Initiative – There is no silver bullet to increasing student achievement. But two practices to help early learners show particular promise – reducing K-1 class sizes to 15 students, and providing reading tutors to every K-3 student reading below grade level.
- Proficiency-Based Instruction Oregon Education Roundtable. March 2009.
- Is Oregon Ready to Learn? Children’s Institute. Fall 2009.
- Connecting Schools Annie E. Casey Foundation. 2007.
- A Road to Results Annie E. Casey Foundation. 2006.